Yesterday we had a delightful lunch meeting of the NJ Chapter Executive Committee at a restaurant in central Jersey. The committee members present were:
Rajiv Singh, (Manu) President
Chetan Puwar, Vice President
Mukesh Parmar, Fundraising Chair
Jay Gohil, Membership Secretary
Raj Shekhar Singh, Cultural Secretary
We also had guests from our Chapter attend the meeting:
and his wife Meenabaji
Vibha Singh (Rajiv’s wife) stopped by near the end of the meeting.
We had excellent Tandoori Chicken and Mutton. The committee had a detailed discussion of the transition process from the current committee to the next NJ Chapter Executive Committee including checking accounts, websites, login ids/passwords and many other details. Its been a wonderful 2 years of chapter activity and one of the best conventions in the History of RANA. The outgoing committee members that were present have made a commitment to support the next committee as much as possible so our chapter will grow in a positive manner and have more amazing events and activities in the future.
Before we discussion the Election process, we want to make it clear that no one is interested in having an ACTUAL election. Currently there is only one nomination for each position and there are several positions on the executive committee that are still open. There is also room to create more positions if needed. So we are actively looking for nominations and volunteers to be on the Chapter Executive committee.
Attached is the applicable portion of the RANA Constitution as it relates to the Chapter election process. It is our interpretation of the RANA constitution that each chapter can define their own methodology for Chapter elections. As such, the current NJ Chapter Executive Committee has unanimously adopted the following policy:
1. There will be an election for President, Vice President, General Secretary and Treasurer. This is required every 2 years by the RANA constitution.
2. All other positions on the committee will be set forth by the elected NJ Executive Committee mentioned above.
3. If there is no opposition ie a candidate is unopposed, there will be no ballots issued and the candidate will be installed in the officer position he/she was nominated for.
4. Each candidate must be 18 years or older. This is a requirement of the constitution.
5. To make it easy, all nominations and motions to support a candidate can be done by email to [email protected] or fax to 6094665704. The NEC prescribed format for the nomination letter is attached. Please note, our chapter is only requiring one person to nominate a candidate. Again, we want to make it as simple as possible.
6. A candidate can accept nomination by email or fax.
7. The deadline for Nomination is Noon on Friday, December 16th and deadline for withdrawal will be Noon December 17th.
8. Elections will be held on December 18th at 11 AM at the office of Montgomery Mortgage, 2230 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ 08502
9. After elections are complete and officers determined, the chapter bank accounts and all associated chapter records will be given to the new Committee members.
10. Any questions of this process can be directed to our membership secretary Jay Gohil, 201-888-7403.
11. New officers will take their positions on January 1, 2017.
All are invited to the General Body Meeting on Sunday, December 18th at 11 AM. This is a FREE Event. Please do let us know if you will be attending so that we can order food accordingly.
Rajiv Singh (Manu)
NJ Chapter President