It was an action packed camping adventure in Barryville, New York. Activities included:
· Campfire-Always one of the highlights of camping. We all enjoyed cooking, eating and chatting around the campfire. On the last night, we had the traditional antakchariy sing a-long. It was amazing to see how many talented singers there were.
· Fishing-We caught a huge Bass. We cooked the catch on the camp fire and it was delicious. Thanks to Anandji for filleting it and seasoning it with the assistance of Jayshreeji.
· A hiking trail to the top of the mountain that was a challenge for both hikers and runners.
· Zip-lining-This was especially enjoyed by younger RANA members.
· Rafting-Even though the weather was questionable, 48 Rana members participated and we had 8 rafts. Several individuals jumped into the water and swam alongside the raft. There were a couple of people that fell in including my son Yash.
It was wonderful to see old friends and make new friends. Including day trippers, we had over 110 participants including Ajay Singh (and his family), the President of DC Chapter as well as Prakashsinh Chauhan Uncleji with Auntiji from the New York chapter. We also had many past RANA presidents including My Father J. B, Singh, Jawahar Singh Uncleji, SK Singh Uncleji and Chandrikaben.
The food was scrumptious! Rosi Bhabiji made her signature jerk mutton grilled directly on the fire. Thank you to all that collaborated to serve the food including Madhuriji, Chandrikaben, Manjari Bhabhiji, Jayshreeji and Poonamji.
I am pleased to say that nearly all of the officers of the Executive committee participated in the camping trip including RajBimal, RajShekhar, Jayshreeji, Mukesh Parmar and Jay Gohil.
I was particularly pleased to see the large number of Rajput youths. They all enjoyed the trip very much.
Within the next day or so, I will be sending details regarding the upcoming Picnic on August 22nd and the Youth Convention on July 30th to August 2.
On behalf of RANA, I would like to thank Hardevsinh Bhai and Jayshreeji for doing a wonderful job organizing the camping trip. It was their effort and passion that made this trip successful and enjoyable for all.
Rajiv Singh (Manu)
NJ Chapter President